ROOF CERIFICATION INSPECTIONS AND REPAIRS FOR REAL ESTATE AND PROPERTY MGMT
The following information concerning Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc. is provided for your review. Our hope is that this data allows you to get to know us a little better and that it helps you avoid conflicts, liability, and litigation.
Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc has been in business since 1995. Our reputation has always been based on quality workmanship, timely service, fair pricing, and personal care for each project. Our mission statement to you and all those you may represent is to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Superior customer service pays off. In 2017 97.3% of our customers said they would be pleased to refer us to their friends and colleagues.
We specialize in steep slope roofing inspections, installation, maintenance, and restoration as well as general exterior remodeling. Our scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following: roof inspection, design, consulting, repair, construction, and replacements. Our roofing services are asphalt shingles, slate, wood shakes, tile, flat roof systems and a full line of metal roofing, gutters, soffit and fascia, siding, and architectural sheet metal.
Now that you are more familiar with who we are it is time to turn our attention to how we protect you and your clients. Because fraudulent roofing practices and contractors are rampant, thus bringing the industry’s reputation down, most property owners accept less, resulting in bad roofing systems, choices, and investments. Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc eliminates your risks and insures your liability with our ROOF CERTIFICATION PLAN.
Protect yourself, the seller, and the buyer by knowing the condition of the roof. The roof is one of the most expensive and important elements to any house. Unsuspected roof problems could catch you off guard and potentially cost you thousands of dollars, not to mention associated headache and stress. Often not knowing the condition of your roof can bring you other troubles such as delaying or destroying your sales.
An ancient principle in real estate is that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a home. This principle is distinct in today’s litigious society as is the notion that an “as is” clause is justifiable and a legally excusable mistake that can help you avoid litigation. If you are involved in documenting the disability of a home for sale today you are also liable for its condition as presented to both buyers and sellers.
Roofing is a top concern when writing insurance, making a loan, or selling a house because it is one of the most under-addressed components in home maintenance. A problem that has gone unnoticed or undetected becomes possible litigation. Roof Management is proper and valuable Risk Management.
Research shows 30% of all claims against real estate agents, brokers, appraisers and inspectors are for leaking roofs or water penetration. Because the liability is so great few third party inspectors risk assuming responsibility for a roof instead referring or deferring the issues entirely to a professional roof inspector. Because non-disclosure of property-related defects are creating more and bigger lawsuits against real estates agents and sellers, many lenders such as the VA or FHA require a professional roof certification. An outdated principle is that the buyer alone assumes roof responsibility and quality assurance. Gone are the “as is” clauses that are blamed on excusable mistakes. Today’s litigious society can hold you responsible and liable. Problems that have gone unnoticed, undetected or non-disclosed become possible litigation.
Our hope is that this information has been helpful to you. 100% customer satisfaction is our goal because our customers deserve and expect no less. Education, communication, and reliable roof risk management are our keys to putting you and your clients’ roofing worries to rest.
Residential Roof Inspection and Certification Program:
- The Antebellum Roofworks Residential Roof Inspection and Certification process is performed prior to the closing of escrow on a home purchase transaction.
- The certification process involves a comprehensive roof inspection. Inspections are performed within 2-3 business days of an order or on a rush basis when needed.
- After the initial inspection is performed we determine if the roof requires repairs or if we can certify the roof for up to 2 years.
- If it is determined that we can certify the roof for the 2 years, we are guaranteeing the roof will not leak during this period of time.
There are a number of other factors that we cannot assume liability for such as extreme acts of nature (earthquakes, high winds, hailstorms etc.), other contractor damage and tenant improvements.
When we perform the initial inspection, the following is performed:
- Inspect overall condition of roof and provide rating of either Poor, Fair or Good
- Inspect all flashings (chimney/pipe/collars), valley areas and equipment (if any)
- Inspect drainage system, gutters, downspouts and perimeter edges/flashings and low areas (flat roofs)
- Inspect all eaves and fascias and check for damage such as dry rot/termite integration
- Inspect roof top surface (shakes, shingles, clay/concrete tiles, metal, slate or other surfaces)
- Provide a repair checklist with written inspection report with roof drawing and photographs.
- Provide life expectancy of existing roof and components
- Provide budget numbers for maintenance and corrective action
- Provide digital photographic documentation of problem items
Antebellum Roofworks will then call and provide a verbal explanation of the roof inspection to the real estate agent. The prepared report can be faxed or e-mailed with a hard copy mailed to all appropriate parties. Billing can be sent directly to the Title Company or whoever is requested.
If it is determined that a certificate can be issued we will provide:
- the inspection report and a two-year certification that can be transferred as needed. Separate fees apply for the initial inspection and for the Roof Certificate.
- If the roof requires repairs before a certificate can be issued, Antebellum Roofworks will aid in the repair process by dispatching qualified roofers to your jobsite.
- An inspector from Antebellum Roofworks returns for a follow-up inspection once the repairs are performed.
- The certificate is valid from the issue date for two years. Certificates are transferable.
- For those roofs that do not pass due to age, leaking or in our opinion, need roof repairs to receive a Roof Certification an estimate will be given. After repairs have been completed a Roof Certification will be issued with a Two year Roof guarantee to repair roof leaks.
ROOF CERTIFICATION: Certifications are usually required by the lender, however with most people becoming more educated in real estate transactions, it’s becoming more common to have a roof certification issued before closing escrow on a transaction.