Wood Shake Flashing
Wood shake roofing materials are well-loved for their warm, historical look and the variety of unique patterns they can achieve. Flashing is crucially important for these roofs to prevent water intrusion that can cause the roof structure to deteriorate.
Wood Shake Flashing – Some projects can even use wood shake flashing elements as a complement to the rest of the roofing material. In many applications, wood shake flashing is just as durable and defensive against adverse weather conditions as metal varieties. Eco-friendly, energy efficient, and long lasting, it also grants a rustic look to your home.
Considerations for Wood Shake Flashing
Using the right type of flashing can be vital to preserving the look and functionality of your wood shake roof. Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc has experience installing and servicing wood shake roofs and wood shake flashing materials to create the absolute best effect.
Services we offer include:
- Installing wood shake material as flashing on gables, dormers and bay window awnings
- Using wood shake materials to cover flashing on hips and ridges, creating a unique and handsome effect
- Applying wood shake to conceal flashing areas around chimneys and crickets
- Creating closed valley systems that conceal the flashing underneath
- Matching colors to minimize the appearance of flashing on wood shake roofs
- Using our knowledge to identify and prevent potential water intrusion problems on shake roofs through adequate flashing
- Choosing flashing colors and materials that complement the look of your wood shake roof in situations where concealing would be impossible
Nashville Wood Shake Flashing Installation Experts
Since there a lot of special considerations for wood shake flashing, Nashville area residents often come to us for help. We have considerable knowledge and experience discovering flashing solutions for all types of wood shake roof systems. Historical or artisan wood shake roof owners can entrust us to preserve the inherent beauty of their roofing systems while solving problems along the way. Contact us at (615) 794-9111 today or fill out our form for a free quote or to get started.