Count on Antebellum Roofworks for a Roof Tear-Off
A “tear-off” is the term for removing all of the old, built-up materials from your roof deck so that you can safely and efficiently install a new roofing system.
Some roofing companies may recommend a roof-over, but that can result in damage to your home’s structure. Although a tear-off may take longer and cost a bit more, you will be able to count on the durability and strength of your new roof.
When Are Roof Tear-Offs Ideal?
There are very few instances when a roof-over is more appropriate than a tear-off. If any of the following scenarios apply to you, call Antebellum Roofworks to get the ball rolling on your tear-off today.
- There’s already more than one layer.It’s such a bad idea to stack more than two layers of roofing that most local building codes outright prohibit it.
- You might have bad decking.If there are soft or sagging areas on your roof, it’s likely you are dealing with damage to the roof decking, either from moisture or rot. A tear-off will allow us to inspect and repair the deck.
- The roof lacks an ice and water protection membrane.Without this essential element, your roof may be prone to ice dams that can severely damage your structure.
- Layering would mean lightweight shingles on top of heavyweight shingles.All of the textures and ridges will show through and ruin the appearance of your roof.
- Your existing roof is in rough shape.For obvious reasons, you don’t want to install a new roof on top of a shoddy one. Start from scratch for complete peace of mind.
- You consider your home an investment.There’s a reason most pros recommend tear-offs: they make your new roofing last longer
Contact Us Today!
Find out why Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc has been the most trusted roofing company in the Franklin, TN, area since 1995. Get started by calling us today at (615) 794-9111 or completing our contact form to request a free roof inspection and estimate.