Architectural Standing Seam Metal
Standing seam metal is an architectural and functional component of a building exterior. The most common application is on roofs and over bay windows or awnings.
This type of metal material is easily identified by its trademark ridges that run parallel down the height of the roof. These seams are not only visually pleasing, but they also help secure all of the components together in a way that conceals all fasteners.
A standing seam roof system consists of long panels of sheet metal secured by clips, fasteners or other means. Each panel slides onto the grooves of the next one and is seamed together using special equipment.
These roofs and exteriors are corrosion resistant, waterproof, lightweight and quickly shed any water or snow. They are also desirable because they evoke a contemporary “industrial-chic” look or a classic farmhouse appearance.
Methods of Standing Seam Metal Installation
There are many different ways to approach an installation for a standing seam metal roof or structure. Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc generally uses the following methods since they have been proven as the most reliable and effective:
- Mechanical Lock — The 1″, 1.5″ and 2″ Mechanical Lock roof system is the traditional standing seam roof system used for centuries all over the world. The Mechanical Lock roof system is considered the best metal roof system available because it is a concealed fastener panel installed with clips and then locked together by bending the seams 90 degrees (Single Lock) or 180 degrees (Double Lock). The locking pattern of the Mechanically Locked standing seam roof system makes it an ideal choice for both low and steep slope roof systems on any residential, historical, or commercial building.
- 1″, 1.5″ and 2″ Snap Lock — The 1″, 1.5″ and 2″ Snap Lock panel is a concealed fastener standing seam roof system. The Snap Lock system combines the look and advantages of traditional standing seam with panel features that decrease labor and equipment costs. The panel is attached to the roof deck using metal clips and is then snapped together at the seams. The panel design and roof clips hold the panels together during high wind situations. This panel is highly popular in many of our residential, historical, and commercial projects.
- 1″ and 1.5″ Nailstrip — The 1″ and 1.5″ Nailstrip panel is a concealed fastener standing seam roof system. The Nailstrip panel combines the concealed fastener roof system advantages with the ease of application similar to many through-fastened roof panels. Because the panel can be formed with light gauge steel or aluminum and the panel is fastened to the roof deck without clips, this panel is the residential economy choice product in the standing seam line.
- 1″ and 1.5″ Batten Cap — The 1″ and 1.5″ Batten Cap is a concealed fastener standing seam roof system. This series is a traditional standing seam panel that enhances the appearance of asphalt shingle and metal panel combinations. The panel is designed to suit the needs of the residential roofing market, and it is an easy panel to install compared to other standing seam roof systems. Its design also makes it a good match for mansard roofs commonly seen in commercial construction.
- 1″ and 1.5″ Flush Wall Panel — The 1″ and 1.5″ Flush Wall Panel is an interlocking wall/soffit panel utilized in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications. There is very high demand for this type of seamless field-fabricated panel. We are one of the few Flush Wall Panel fabrication experts in the Nashville area, which often opens the door for our other accompanying services like roofing panel and gutter installation.
- Custom Panels — We have the unique ability of forming other 1″ and 1.5″ panels in a convex manner. It can curve standard width panels or tapered panels in an elliptical shape, making them ideal for round dormers and vaulted roof applications.
Nashville Architectural Standing Seam Metal Installation and Fabrication Experts
Never settle for less than the very best. Antebellum Roofworks Co Inc will make sure that your job is not only completed with the highest quality craftsmanship, but also in a way that will make it look great for years to come. Contact us at (615) 794-9111 or fill out our form today for a free quote or to get started.